Daily experiences that do more than just “tourism”.
Care to do something above water? Here are a few options. All of your gear for Canyoning / Rappeling and Fishing is top of the line imported gear and tackle.
Discover the deepest side of the island, both in nature and people ́s spirit.
Morning: We go deep into nature with a two hour hike through the lush jungle forest on Timpoong Mountain. We arrive at the amazing Binangawan Falls where we swim and have a grilled native lunch.
Afternoon: We explore the hidden knowlegde of the island meeting a traditional healer and learning their old medicine practices and secret therapies.
Camiguin Island is blessed with the availability of local big-game fishing opportunities. Giant Trevally (Mamsa), Barracuda, and Wahoo (Tanigue) are found year-round. Sailfish can be spotted from March to June and Tuna from July to October. Typical weights for the fish in our area are:
Great Barracuda: 2 – 25 kg.
Giant Trevally (Mamsa): 1 – 20kg.
Wahoo (Tanigue): 5 – 25kg.
King Mackerel (Tanigue): 2 – 10kg.
Sailfish: 15 – 40kg.
Tuna: 10 – 100kg.
Circumnavigate the island on a native boat exploring secret spots to snorkel and delight in the views, including Mantigue and White Island.
Morning: We start from a small fishing village in the east of Camiguin and we go to unique snorkelling sites on our way to Mantigue, where we have a healthy and delicious lunch cooked by locals. After our meal we have some time to enjoy the beauty of Mantigue Island.
Afternoon: We follow the sun westwards, to visit unkown and unforgettable sea sites where you can swim or snorkel. After gazing at the Sunken Cemetery our chase to the sun ends in White Island. If sea conditions permit, we enjoy dusk at the best possible location in the open sea.
Experience all kinds of waters in the island: traditional fishing in the sea, hiking up a jungle river and winding down in hot volcanic spring.
Morning: Early in the morning we experience the traditional way of fishing with local fishermen. In their boats you share a day in their lives and learn their fishing techniques with your bare hands. Later we cook and eat what we catch.
Afternoon: From the low land to the high land we hike up the most exciting and beautiful river of the island. We swim in natural pools in the middle of the rainforest and jump through the waterfalls. We end our journey relaxing at the hot springs waters of Hibok-Hibok volcano.
Learn to go beyond your comfort zone and experience the world beneath the surface with an introduction to freediving and yoga.
Morning: Ease yourself in the present moment by learning the essential breathing and relaxation techniques which will enhance your underwater experience as you snorkel and dive into a whole different world.
Afternoon: Apply the relaxation and breathing techniques by snorkeling in a marine protected area, pushing your boundaries into the world of “freediving.” This is then followed by sunset yoga where you will be guided to calm your body and mind.
Experience the jungle at night and explore the wilderness in the heart of the island.. Hike for two days crossing Camiguin trough rivers, falls and Volcanos.
Day 1: We follow the path of the longest river of the island passing trough colorful rain forest. We camp in a clearing in middle of Mount Tres Marias surrounded by rivers with a perfect view of the stars. Be prepared to get wet crosing the river!
Day 2: After an amazing breakfast we continue our trekking towards the local botanical garden and we start descending the Hibok – Hibok slope. On the way we visit a huge plain that overlooks the volcanos and the sea. We arrive to the lowland having a relaxing soak in hot waters.
Day 1: We climb the active volcano of the island, Hibok-Hibok, crossing different landscapes along our way. We camp at the top, in the Crater Lake. There we explore the secrets of the area and swim in the crater waiting for the fall of the night.
Day 2: We have breakfast watching the sun rise over the whole island. We descend through the stunning Mt. Timpoong / Hibok – Hibok Natural Monument (protected area), passing by high land rural villages. We end the adventure swimming in the cold springs and falls before evening.
Experience the local culture by learning traditional crafts and local cuisine. We will also learn about Camiguin history, rituals and traditions.
Morning: We go up into the mountain to where the earliest signs of human habitant of the island exist. Back in the low land, we visit the Christian temple ruins. We attend stumbling lessons of bisaya cuisine which results in a delicious lunch served in a colorful village setting.
Afternoon: The local culture lessons continue by making handcrafts with the only two remaining artisans who work with nito (local plant) on the island, our support is helping to preserve this lost art. Afterwards, on our way back to Mambajao, we will attend the two most popular rituals on the island today; the cockfight and Karaoke… Get ready!
Taste three different jungles of the island in only one day.
Morning: We start at the Mt. Timpoong jungle in the south of the island by canyoning in a hidden river. Later we go to a lagoon to have tasty grilled fish.
Afternoon: We trek across the slope of Hibok – Hibok. Starting from Binunsaran, one of the most rural areas in the province, we discover an old farmer ́s path crossing jungle and wide open areas with scenic views.
Evening: Experience the night with a short last walk in the jungle arriving at a pristine waterfall. Traditional torches and the stars will guide our way.
- Canyoning1,750.00 PHPMin 2 pax.
- Local Fishing3,500.00 PHP Half day trip and 6,000.00 PHP Full day tripMax. two people
- Bamboo Bikes500.00 per day
- Uncover Camiguinfrom 2,200.00 PHPTwo guides, healer fee, environmental fees, food for lunch, snacks, water, transportation from and to your hotel.
- Sailing with the Sunfrom 3,000.00 PHPFully equipped pump boats with canopy, two pilots, one guide, environmental and island fees, food for lunch, snacks, water, snorkel and mask, transportation from and to your hotel.
- Take the Watersfrom 2,600.00 PHPTwo rowing fisherman boats, fishermen fee, two cooks, environmental fees, snorkel and mask, food for lunch, snacks and transportation from and to your hotel.
- Jungle Camping / Soft Hikingfrom 4,700.00 PHPEnvironmental and entrance fees, full camping equipment, expert mountaineering guides, water and snacks, meals (2 lunch, 1 breakfast and 1 special dinner) transportation from and to your hotel.
- Jungle Camping / Hard Hikingfrom 4,900.00 PHPEnvironmental and entrance fees, full camping equipment, expert mountaineering guides, water and snacks, meals (2 lunch, 1 breakfast and 1 special dinner) transportation from and to your hotel.
- Dip into the Culturefrom 2,200.00 PHPAnthropologist guide, 2 trainer cooks, craftsmen, entrance fees, water and snacks, lunch and transportation from and to your hotel.
- Three Junglesfrom 2,450.00 PHPTwo guides, canyoning material, fire torches, water and snacks, lunch, transportation from and to your hotel.
- Dive into Spiritfrom 3,000.00 PHP
PADI Dive Shop
E-mail: email@example.com Office: +63 88 3879588 Cell: +63 926 137 3094
ADDRESS Caves Dive Resort Agoho, Mambajao 9100 Camiguin Island, Philippines Tel. No. +63 88 387-9588
Paras Beach Resort Yumbing, Mambajao 9100 Camiguin Island, Philippines Tel. No. +63 88 387-9588